Wednesday, December 13, 2017

 

TWO YEARS?

Really? Has it been two years since I managed to post anything? Yes. It's true. I could blame it on the hot coastal weather including 3 hurricanes, health (getting old sucks), travels, deaths in the family, boat preparation for selling, non-adventurous living in the USA, and pure laziness and it would all be true. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Black Cat Beanie (design by Sandra Jager)
 Because I'm just so chuffed with finishing this recent knitting project I just had to shout out to the world. Aren't these cats wonderful? They remind me of the siamese cats in Disney's "Lady and the Tramp" movie. No, I didn't design this one, Sandra Jager did and it's a free pattern on Ravelry.

I used Knit Picks Palette (100% wool) fingering weight yarn because I still have so many colors in my stash.

Because I have just finished a massive boat beauty enhancement project I felt I deserved some recreation time. Those dang cushions on the salon settee had to be reupholstered and it was much cheaper for me to do it than to send it out. I'm free labor. It was a long, tough job and my fingers ached but they turned out great!
Ribbon Candy Ornament 

Since it is the holiday season, I whipped up another Ribbon Candy Ornament from some Lion Brand Bon-Bons yarns. This little guy is only about 1 1/4" tall. Oh! Notice the beautiful wood work he's sitting upon? Jonesy and I have been working on exterior boat beautification as well. Our son, Brett suggested that we should add a gloss coat to our semi-gloss finish wood and he was right. It looks much better now.

Life cycles sneak up on us. Now, we rely upon our son to make us lists of the projects we need to do to the boat to get her ready for sale. We have been reporting back to him on our progress. Somebody needs to keep us old folks accountable for our time. We do tend to just drift from one day to the next.
Generic mittens for a kid

The mission to supply kids in the orphanages in Kazakhstan continues to absorb my time and yarn stash. Although I've slowed down in the count of pairs of socks, mittens, etc. I'm still churning them out. Those dang other crafty endeavors distracted me. But I'll never abandon knitting or these kids.

As long as my sewing machine was out of the storage unit, I sewed up a couple of my favorite accessories for my knitting friends. This first Double-Pointed Needle Case is a prize for an online Knit-a-long on Facebook. There are two rows of pockets in various sizes for needles and a measuring gauge, and misc. tools of the trade.

Double-pointed Needle Case
Inside pockets
So, that's some recent highlights. We're still living on the boat, but are making plans to trade her in for a land yacht (Motor Home) and travel to Alaska and Canada and wherever we want to go. Home will probably be in southern Oregon. But, plans can change.


Thanks for looking! I'd love to see comments of just "Hi" so I know whose still around.



Comments:
How wonderful to hear from you! I think of you each time I shop the produce department, and find vegis from Central America. You had much more fun and adventure purchasing vegetables there!
 
Hi! Nice to hear from you again. I always enjoyed reading about your sailing and knitting adventures. Cindy in landlocked Iowa

 
I checked your blog last week to see if you’d posted. Have been wondering about you both! Glad to know you weren’t scuttled by Irma! Good luck with your eventual conversion to a land craft! Happy holidays!
 
Hey girl!

Happy to hear from you and it does NOT seem possible that it has been two years. What is going ON with the passage of time??? Well, a motor home is analogous to a ship of the land, so you should feel right at home. :-)

I'll be watching to see how your new adventures unfold!
 
Hi Terry -- I've followed your adventures over the years. I met you when i took your Fair Isle class at Frog Pond Knits right before you left for your sailing "trip". I've enjoyed your stories and pictures. Nice to hear your update. It should be fun to see the North. Enjoy and thanks for sharing with us. Wreatha
 
Hi - Terry,
I'm a friend of Pam K. in Sacramento. When I asked her about your blog a very long time ago, she said you on land. I'm glad to know you are well and your adventures are just taking a different tack at the moment.
Happy New Year to you = it has to be a better year than 2017.
Best -
Stephanie
 
Little behind on my reading, but I am still following along. That is one lovely cat hat!
 
Haven't checked in here forever ... fun to see that you're still out there, and still on the boat (so far?) and still knitting! If and when your plans firm up to get to Canada, let me know .... the Gulf Islands cruise is on me. :-)
 
Miss keeping up with your adventures and seeing you at the guild retreats in Tahoe. :)
 
Hello Terry, I hadn't checked into your blog for a while and hadn't realised you'd been "silent" for so long. But yesterday I wanted to send your link to a travelling friend (currently on a cruise in the Canary Island's) and happened upon your most recent post.
Always a pleasure to see your knitting and a LIFT to read about your travels and adventures (even the mechanical problems).

Jacquelyn, in Melbourne, Australia
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?