Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

"Uggs" booties

Whipped up some baby booties yesterday. These are from the "Knitty Gritty" television show and the instructions can be found at Suede Booties

My new knitting friend, Tania, has made some changes to the original pattern - to knit in the round, smaller size, and heel shaping (see blog link in sidebar).

Anyway, these are for my son's friend. Then, I stayed up late last night to make another pair for one of the guys who works on our boat's electrical stuff - once you get going on these it's hard to stop!

Check out the topiary sailboat that is in front of the Chula Vista marina office. The sail cover is real - sewn by a marina resident.

And...we had VISITORS on the boat Saturday! My niece Sarah and her friend Tara came on down for a visit. They surprised us by bringing along my sister (her mom) and my BIL Ron! We spent the day talking (loudly - we always get so loud when we get together) and drinking Hawaiian Punch & vodka - the girl's concoction.

My recently completed Pacific Northwest Shawl found a new home - my niece Sarah! I'm thrilled that she wanted it - it looked so good on her! Now I get to knit another one and, of course, I already have the yarn.



Tara on the left, Sarah on the right.

And here's a pic of my sister Dana

OK - Jones wants me to help re-install the wind turbine now - he's waiting up in the cockpit, rather impatiently.


Knit on...

Comments:
I love reading about you, your knitting, your sailing adventures and your family. Thanks for sharing your life. Dee fm KS
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?