Sunday, February 12, 2023

 

Is There Life after Cruising?

 

It's been 3+ years since we suddenly sold the boat while cruising in the Bahamas. Another couple are now enjoying their retirement aboard her as we speak - now down in the Bahamas.

The transition to a land-based life was easy as we'd lived on solid ground before. But unfortunately our oldest son, Ryan was diagnosed with colorectal cancer soon after we arrived.

We all were fortunate that we had decided to re-position ourselves back to the California foothills because this is where he still lived. We were able to care for him in our home, including hospice care for over 2 years.

Today is the First Anniversary of his death. We love and miss you baby boy. 


Comments:
I missed reading about your adventures. I would check periodically to see if there was a post. So sorry to hear about your son, sending virtual hugs.
 
My deepest sympathies.
 
I’m so sorry for your loss! That must be so hard. (((((Hugs))))) I miss reading about your adventures
 
So sorry for your loss! Good to see a post from you!
 
I have missed years of your blogging! I just found you again and I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. My deepest sympathy to you and your whole family. *hugs*
 
Iam so very sorry for your loss. I've cared for every member of my family so they could die at home, including my closest brother. most recent was my mother.. now I am the oldest living member so I hope I don't ever need to do it again. its grueling. I hope that you have recovered by now from the caregiving part. I know your grief will continue. we all grieve in our own time. hugs
 
I missed our holiday knit group. Sorry for your loss. I also lost my mom a year ago in late January.
I am in the SF bay area...
 
Your writing style is captivating, and I'm thankful for the enjoyable reading experience.
 
Hi how are you, hope you are doing fine. Life is not, and will never be easy when you lose a child. I send you my love and hugs for this coming year. I am just north of PV right now, sailing on my boat. The winds here are variable, soupy seas, crazy currents.
Happy Sails!
 
Excellent job on your post, keep it up!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?