Sunday, December 09, 2018

 

MORE HATS


Here's a finished 100% wool hat that I knit for a friend. The design/pattern is the traditional Scottish "Kep". I don't make the top as long as the style really is - just make it loose enough to be slightly "slouchy".

For these I follow the basic count of stitches, and this one has the fold-up brim with ribbing hidden underneath for double layers around the ears. The color patterning is quite traditional here too.

After working a traditional hat, I felt like going a little more modern and fun so I knit another "Black Cat Beanie" for my friend. Same 100% wool (Knit Picks Palette) for warmth used for this one. Yes, I have oodles of this one type of yarn.

Just finished this Fishy hat yesterday. I'm not wild about the blue on the fold-up brim but maybe somebody will like it.
Life is good




Comments:
Love the hats, especially the fish one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?